Post-doctoral Position in Glial Cell Biology
Brain and Spine Institute - Paris (France)
The Brain and Spine Institute – ICM – is an international brain and spinal cord research center whose innovative concept and structure bring patients, doctors and researchers together with the aim of rapidly developing treatments for disorders of the nervous system and enable patients to benefit from them as quickly as possible.
A two-year post-doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr Brahim Nait Oumesmar (https://icm-institute.org/en/science-team), who has a special interest in cellular and molecular mechanisms of oligodendrocyte differentiation and regeneration in myelin diseases, such as multiple sclerosis. The post-doc project, linked with an international programme, will focus on the development of strategies inducing oligodendrocyte differentiation and remyelination in relevant experimental models of multiple sclerosis. The post-doc candidate would join a multi-disciplinary team developing advanced and innovative strategies on oligodendrocyte regeneration and remyelination, in a stimulating scientific environment. Various academic courses and internal meetings will be also available for the further development of the post-doctoral fellow’s scientific career.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
We are seeking for a highly qualified and motivated candidate with a PhD in neurosciences and 1-2 years of research experience in glial cell biology
- Excellent training in glial cell and myelin biology
- Good knowledge in glial cell cultures and experimental models of neurological disorders
- Excellent expertise in the characterization of transgenic mouse models
- Good training in immunocyto/histo-chemistry
- Excellent training in advanced fluorescence imaging technics, image processing and data analysis
- Good knowledge in molecular biology
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential
- Evidence of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work both as a collaborative team but also independently
- Excellent organizational skills and motivation
- Autonomy, sense of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
Applicants are invited to submit:
- a full CV,
- a brief statement of research experience and interests
- contact information for 2-3 potential referees
to Dr B. Nait Oumesmar (email@example.com).
The selected candidate is expected to start on January 2019.