The Helmholtz Pioneer Campus in Munich (Germany) stands for the intelligent fusion of biomedical sciences, engineering and digitization. At HPC, top scientific talents from across the globe work together on the development of novel solutions that make a difference in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
The 3D Genome and Molecular Neuroscience group headed by Dr Boyan Bonev studies the epigenetic mechanisms of gene regulation during development. The goal of this project is to identify novel factors controlling 3D genome organization during neural development.
- Employ CRISPR genome engineering to develop stable transgenic mouse stem cell lines
- Develop high-throughput reporter assay to measure 3D chromatin proximity
- Determine the influence of genomic distance to transcriptional activation
- Independently plan, conduct and describe scientific experiments in the area of epigenetics
- Research scientific literature and prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- M. Sc. in life sciences (completed or expecting to complete) with focus on genomics, development or epigenetics
- Strong motivation for pursuing an ambitious research agenda
- Creativity, excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and epigenetics
- Experience with NGS technologies
- Experience with high-throughput CRISPR screening - desired
- Computational experience with NGS (R, shell scripting, python) - desired
Remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage agreement for public-sector employees at federal level (EG 13 50% TV EntgO Bund). In addition, there is also the possibility of granting an allowance amounting to 15% if the necessary conditions are fulfilled. The position is (initially) limited to three years, but under certain circumstances an extension can be arranged.
To promote diversity, we welcome applications from talented people regardless of gender, cultural background, nationality, ethnicity, sexual identity, physical abilities, religion and age. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
If you have obtained a university degree abroad, we require further documents from you regarding the recognition of the degree. Please request the recognition as early as possible.
Link to apply: PhD candidate in molecular mechanisms of 3D genome rewiring (f/m/x) | Helmholtz Zentrum München | 1628 (helmholtz-muenchen.de)
For any further questions, please contact Dr. Boyan Bonev, +49 89 2180-71902.