Institute of Systems Neuroscience (INS) - UMR1106 AMU-Inserm, Marseille, FRANCE
The Institute of Systems Neuroscience (https://ins-amu.fr), a joint Inserm-University research unit located on the Timone campus in Marseille, is seeking to recruit a project manager under the authority of the team leader and institute director, Viktor Jirsa. His team is composed of about 30 members and participates in numerous large-scale research projects, including national projects such as the RHU EPINOV, European projects such as the Human Brain Project (http://www.humanbrainproject.eu) and the Virtual Brain Cloud and international projects such as the Virtual Brain (http://www.thevirtualbrain.org). This position, at the interface between research and administration, is key to ensuring good liaison with the various parties involved.
Tasks of the position
The project manager will assist the team leader in the management and monitoring of research funding and projects. He/she will be the main contact for all administrative and financial needs, he/she will participate in the setting up of scientific projects, the organisation of national and international meetings and congresses, the preparation of workshops and training sessions and will assist in the preparation of scientific and financial reporting in relation with the different administrative institutions and funding organisations. All these tasks will be carried out under the supervision of the team leader and the secretary general of the institute.
Activities of the position
• Assisting the team leader in setting up and monitoring research projects
• Staff recruitment: Welcoming, informing and guiding the team's staff in their administrative procedures, liaison with human resources departments, international offices, monitoring of time sheets, etc.
• Organise scientific meetings
• Writing letters and minutes of meetings
• Budget management: ensure the proper use of research funds according to financial regulations and public procurement, budget monitoring, follow-up of orders, business trips and reimbursements
• Liaise with other administrative managers within the supervisory bodies, funding organisations, suppliers and collaborators
• Participate in the dissemination and communication of the team's results in conjunction with the communication departments of the supervisory authorities
• Establish working procedures, gantt charts, timelines for the follow-up of the activity by integrating a quality approach
• Follow-up and writing of reports (financial, scientific), among others for risks,
Progress Indicators (PrIs), Key Project Indicators (KPIs), Project Outcomes (POs)
• Monitoring of deliverables, outputs and milestones of ongoing projects as well as monitoring of the risk management plan
• Monitoring of patents and the maturation of inventions from the laboratory on the legal (intellectual property), economic (market) and technological
(technological maturation) levels
More information on: Project Manager (INS) — INS (ins-amu.fr)
The salary will depend on the candidate's professional experience.
To apply, please send your CV with at least 2 references and a cover letter to Lisa Otten (firstname.lastname@example.org)