You are passionate about somatic mosaicism and neurodevelopmental genetic disorders, and you want to contribute to major discoveries impacting patients’ health and care all in a stateof-the-art research environment? The Baulac lab at the ICM is the place for you!
A fully-funded 36-months postdoc position is opening starting in April 2022. We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated postdoctoral fellow with expertise in brain organoids, genetic engineering and single cell multi-omics to complete our team and develop new disease models and genetic tools to better understand the biological mechanism underlying genetic cortical malformations.
Our laboratory investigates the genetic etiology and the pathomechanisms underlying developmental epilepsies, with a special focus on brain somatic mosaicism in cortical malformations, notably focal cortical dysplasia (FCD). To do so, we employ a multi-disciplinary approach integrating genetic/genomic studies in human brain tissues and disease modeling in vitro and in vivo.
The main aim of the project is to understand the molecular and cellular bases of focal cortical dysplasia and epileptogenesis, notably the developmental mechanisms leading to FCD. To achieve this, genetic engineering approaches will be applied to generate hiPSC-derived mosaic brain organoids mimicking FCD somatic mutations. The successful candidate should be able to generate and characterize cortical organoids using different approaches, including Crisprediting, 3D cell culture, high-throughput screening, imaging and single-cell omics.
– Ph.D. in Neuroscience/Molecular Biology, and have a strong publication record including at least
one first-author paper
– Knowledge of cell and molecular biology, genetics and molecular genetics, neurodevelopment
– Strong experience in cell culture and genome editing
– Good skills in bioinformatics and computational biology and be able to effectively apply R and
Python programming languages to the analysis of single-cell data.
– We are looking for an open and collaborative person who likes teamwork and enjoy sharing
– Organizational skills, efficient planning, autonomy and ability to conceptualize new ideas are
– Fluency in English is required, fluency in French is not required to work in our team/institute,
even if learning French is encouraged
To candidate, please send a CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org